Waiting results

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Good morning 

waiting for biopsy result which is due next week, Had a deep excision but consultant was quite vague as to what he thought it could be.

it started as a ring shape mole which had a little red brown dome appeared .Mole was forever changing and getting more elevated , when it got removed it was a black scaly with the border on the skin went pink with very light brown blemishes.This all happened with in 7 weeks . Really hoping it’s ok , but if I am honest so worried it could melanoma and aggressive.Anyone had this experience 

• Hi

Waiting for results is horrible and our minds tend to go into overdrive expecting the worse case scenario.

Could I suggest that you join and post in the melanoma group as most of the people in the skin cancer group have either a basal or squamous cell carcinoma.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I was diagnosed with melanoma 3 years ago so I do understand how you feel. However there are plenty of people who have been where you are, worried that they have melanoma, and then come back with the good news that the mole was benign. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"