SCC ON BACK OF NECK

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi

Got surgery last Wednesday by way of skin flap and graft from thigh. How long does it take for graft to heal, very painful.

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear that your skin graft is very painful. Your hospital team should have advised you what painkillers to take and for how long. It's best to take them whether you feel in pain or not for the length of time you've been advised rather than wait for the pain to start. That way you should keep ahead of the pain.

I didn't have a skin graft, so can't help with how long that will take to heal, but if you type 'graft' into the search bar in this group you should find plenty of posts from others who have had one. If you can't find a post that talks about the healing time you could respond to one of the people who have had a graft and ask them about their experience.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• How are you doing ? Hopefully everything's healing well.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Yes not bad, all sutures out, CT scan done and now received a letter to attend Radiotherapy 24/2

• Good to hear that things have improved for you .

Let us know how the radiotherapy goes.

x

Community Champion Badge