SCC - on neck

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi

I went for a biopsy and it came back positive, now a very large sabascious cyst started growing on the biopsy wound, again went back and got that remove which left a large wound, is this usually what happens? 

• Hi

I'm sorry to see that what was thought to be a BCC has turned out to be a SCC. Do you have to go back to have it removed or was it all removed when the biopsy excision was done?

I wouldn't have thought that a large sebaceous cyst growing on your biopsy wound is normally what happens after an excision but, not being a medical person, don't know if they're more likely to happen or not after this sort of operation. I'm glad to hear that this has now been removed though.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"