Skin cancer

A place for people affected by any type of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Forehead flap recovery from infiltrative BCC

Libra55
Posted by

Hi

I've had the forehead flap done after treatment for infiltrative bcc on the tip of nose

The surgeon wanted to blend the flap into the skin near it for a better finish using frexal laser but 10 days later it looks worse so red and angry looking he has just put me on antibiotics so I hope it improves

Has anyone else had this happen and if so what treatment did you get after lasering and how long to recover

Thanks Janet 

Janet 
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi Janet

I'm sorry to hear how lasering has left your skin looking. I've not had this done so don't have any experiences to share with you.

I'd not heard of a "flexal laser" so googled it but couldn't find any information about it. I've also put it into the search facility in this group but again drew a zero so it may be that no one here has had it.

I did find quite a few people who mentioned the possibility of having treatment when I just put the word 'laser' in so it might pay you to do the same and then respond to those who were thinking about it to find out if they actually went ahead and what the outcome was.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope your skin calms down soon

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Libra55
Posted by

Hi

Thank you for answering it seems no one has had the same experience as me as no one has joined the conversation

But thank you for bothering

Janet 

Janet 
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi Janet 

To edit your post just click on 'more' , which you'll see at the end of your post, and then choose 'edit'. Once you've edited it click on 'post' and the new version will appear in place of your original post.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?