BCC at the back of my ear - what should I expect?

• 6 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi,

I have a BCC on the back of my ear that will be removed later this month. The biopsy to confirm the diagnosis was very painful for about a week afterwards and I am very nervous about getting this BCC removed.

Has anyone had BCC surgery on an ear and how long did the recovery take?

Thanks

Miranda

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I haven't had BCC on the back of my ear but I noticed that no one had responded to you yet. This is probably simply because people who have had this haven't seen your post yet.

I'm going to tag into my reply to you as she's recently posted about having BCC on her ear and hopefully she'll reply to you when she get's the notification. In the meantime, if you click on her name it'll take you to her profile and you can then read posts she's started or replied to which might help you.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thanks Latchbrook. Nice to hear from you.

Miranda

• Hi

How did the removal of your BCC go? I'm hoping that you're not too sore.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi Latchbrook,

Thank you so much for remembering about my surgery. It was very painful for a few days but definitely starting to return to normal now. It will take another few days before I get back to my usual level of activity I guess. The nights were the worst part. It was very difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position even with painkillers. 

I am very glad to have this behind me as my ear was starting to get irritated because of the BCC. And I hope this is the last BCC for me. Number 14! Quite enough!

Has anyone else out there also had multiple BCCs?

My GP mentioned that she has a patient who had a spate of about 20 BCCs over a period of a few years and then no more developped. Everytime I go to the dermatologist she burns off various spots and lesions. The saga continues for now ...

Thanks again

Miranda

• Hi

I'm glad to hear that everything's settling down now and, as you say, hopefully that'll be the end of it!

My dad has had a lot of BCCs removed, probably nearly as many as you. Every time he goes for a check-up at the hospital they point out another that needs removing. I think he's getting a bit fed up with keep having them removed now as he's in his late 80s. Fortunately, he's never had to have a skin flap or graft so his recovery is quite speedy and pretty much pain free.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Latchbrook,

Tell your father that I can well understand how he feels and that I am very glad to hear that his recoveries are quick and fairly painless. Nonetheless the feeling of continually going back for more surgery is very disheartening. Like him, I would definitely like to get to the point where I leave my dermatology consultations with no biopsies or surgeries on the horizon.

Some day!

All the best

Miranda