Microcystic adnexal carcinoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi everyone

I have been diagnosed with a BCC versus a Microcystic adnexal carcinoma on my face above my lip. I've been referred for MOHS surgery. Just wondered if anyone here has any experience of MAC as searching on the internet it appears to be very rare.

I'm really panicking and would just like to hear from someone who has been through or is going through this. Would love to offer support to someone else too x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with either a BCC or microcystic adnexal carcinoma. My skin cancer wasn't this type so I don't have any experiences to share with you.

As many people don't look in this group once their surgery is over, the best way to find others who've had microcystic adnexal carcinoma would be by using the search facility. If you type 'microcystic adnexal carcinoma' into the search bar you'll find quite a few posts that have mentioned this type of skin cancer. You could then read the threads and respond to any if you want to ask questions.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Do you have a date yet for your surgery?

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook

Thank you so much for replying.  I will amend my profile like you suggest and do a search for MAC.

I haven't got a date yet only found out on Friday and the Dermo has referred me to St Thomas Hospital in London. Might hear this week with an appointment.

I hope you are ok? Have you had MOHS?

Take care x

• Hi

No I didn't have Mohs surgery but clicking on the link I've created will give you more information about that procedure if you want to read up on it.

My skin cancer was a melanoma and it was removed just over 3 years ago now. You can have a read of my profile if you want to fall asleep easily tonight Slight smile

Since it's removal I've been on 3 monthly check-ups at the hospital and go for my next one in a fortnight. It's always a bit of a nerve wracking time, even though I'm sure there's nothing for them to find.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"