Could be skin cancer?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi everyone,

sorry if this isn’t the right place to post, I’m just really scared and wonder if anyone here could help?  I’ve had this lesion on my temple for over a month now. It seems to be a grouping of tiny spots that go deep into the skin and scab over. I’m really worried from looking at pictures online, that it could be cancer but can’t see my gp for another 2 weeks. Again I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post and thank you in advance for reading. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Community but sorry to see you finding us.

Sorry, but no one can make any conclusions from photos. The only people that can give you clear advise about your skin issue is your GP, so please make an appointment as soon as possible to set your mind at rest.

Let’s look for this not to be a skin cancer.

If you feel you need to talk with someone please call our helpline on 0808 808 00 00

((hugs))

You may find that the site admin will take your pictures down.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Kelly, If you ring your GP & say you have suspicious lesion/mole you will be seen immediately, you should not have to wait 2 weeks.

Good luck.

Ro

September 2018

Just been diagnosed with melanoma after biopsy on eyebrow, waiting for results of CT done 3 weeks ago,seems a long wait. At next appointment I have to say if I want to have the sentinel biopsy, I'm not sure because of the side effects also I'm 78 years old if that makes any difference, a general anaesthetic is more of a worry in elderly patients.
    Update : April 2020
    Did not have sentinel biopsy, just WLE & an adjustment after 6 months as I was looking lobsided, didn't help much as had lost an eyebrow, if I was young I might mind a bit more but I'll be 80 next month & have to accept this ageing face isn't what I recognise anyway.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to RoC

Sounds like it could be shingles if on your temple? These are normally groups of spots that burn and itch?