BCC surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi

I was told I had a BCC in May this year, nothing major as I know this is the least problematic of cancers. I was given an urgent referral and told by the dermatologist that it’s morphoeic. I saw a maxillofacial consultant and was booked in for surgery 3 weeks later. That was to happen last Monday however he looked again at it and said they it is bigger than I think and wanted to do a biopsy and rebook me for surgery in another 3 weeks. I know I shouldn’t worry but I do, I don’t understand what is going on and I don’t want the consultant thinking I am overreacting. Am I stupid to be concerned?? 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

As you quite rightly point out BCCs are generally not problematic but it doesn't stop you from worrying when you have one.

This isn't going to help you much but the only person who can tell you why he wants to do a biopsy first is the consultant. I'm sure he won't think you're over reacting to ask about your treatment plan. To put your mind at rest I'd give the consultant's secretary a call as soon as you can and tell her that you need to ask the consultant a few questions about your treatment that you hadn't thought of at the time of the consultation.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"