First ENT appt, following BCC on nose confirmed histology. Following punch biopsy, also full excission of melanoma on back.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi, I'm just wondering what I can expect, at first ENT appt, following confirmed histology for BCC on nose. I have another growth on tip of nose, below the BCC. This looks more Squamous like, although did initially look more like BCC . The dermatologist said he wasn't able to remove it, but didn't elaborate what thought it was. No biopsy was taken of it.  I have few other moles, that are starting out like one had biopsy on. My GP ran through results with me, saying it spread  to cells & was deep. Alll a little vague, not clear what meant.That I'd hear within 2 weeks which I have. My ENT letter doesn't say, if I will have further tests on that day. Could someone advise what I can expect next thanks

• Hi 

I'm presuming that ENT stands for ear, nose and throat and, if so, I'm not sure if the procedures done by that department would be any different to what normally happens when you're seen by dermatology.

You don't say what the appointment letter says so I'm presuming the letter is talking about surgery rather than a biopsy on the growth on your nose that hasn't been biopsied yet. If you are having the BCC and suspected melanoma removed then the areas will be removed under local anaesthetic and sent off to the pathology labs to make sure that clear margins have been achieved. The suspected melanoma will also be biopsied to see if it is one.

You will then get the results back usually 2-6 weeks later, depending on how busy the pathology labs are. I would recommend that you ask when you go for your surgery how long the current waiting time is and how the results will be given to you, ie by letter or appointment, etc. Hopefully you won't feel as anxious then as you'll have a time frame to work with.

I would suggest that you need to find out what is going to happen about the growth on the end of your nose. You might need to speak to your GP again to find out what has been proposed. Always make sure you understand everything a GP or consultant has told you before you leave the appointment. If you don't understand what they're telling you then tell them that and ask them to explain it to you again.

Come back and tell us how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I hope you're recovering well from the removal of your BCC and suspected melanoma. As we haven't heard from you I wondered if you'd had the results yet?

Also, did you manage to find out what they were going to do about the growth on the end of your nose?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi, I actually had BCC on nose confirmed & melanoma on back confirmed. At time of my first post. Melanoma on back, was fully excised at the time. No further treatment required for that one. BCC on nose histology, showed had spread to surrounding tissue & was deep also further cells. I have been forwarded, to ENT to attend this Tuesday. This is first appt, following confirmed histology of BCC. I also below BCC at tip of nose, have what appears to be a squamous cell. Not removed or biopsy taken by dermatologist, due to area as not enough room for the markers plus cartilage involved. 

So no further news, & very anxious as to what next course treatment may be. 

• Sorry , I misunderstood your first post and thought you were going to ENT to have the BCC and melanoma removed.

Hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday and do let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge