Skin cancer

A place for people affected by any type of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Flap after BCG removal

Mynose
Posted by

I think I should reticle my thread Flap for BCC nose AND cheek!

I had surgery last Friday to remove some of the fat from under the flap on my cheek to nose and having stitches out this Friday, when I will have a better idea of whether there is an improvement to the look of my face!

interestingly, when I spoke to the Consultant just before the op, I said to him that I was unhappy with my lopsided mouth and different shaped nostril, resulting from the flap surgery.  He said that as I had had a micronodular, infiltrating BCC I should consider myself lucky to still have two nostrils!!

i really didn’t realise how invasive this type of BCC was and this now explains why so much of my cheek was enveloped in the flap. And all from one little spot on the side of my nose several years ago. Moral - don’t neglect what may seem insignificant to begin with!

Mynose
Posted by

Sorry, reticle, not reticle!!

Mynose
Posted by

It’s that wretched word predictor again - retitle!!!

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

Glad to hear the operation went okay although I guess you won't really know how successful it's been for a while yet.

By the way, if you want to make any alterations to what you've typed, eg spelling mistakes, just click on More then Edit and then you can make alterations.

Best wishes for this Friday

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Mynose
Posted by

Latchbrook -

Thanks for your good wishes - I’ve found it cathartic to be able to write about my experiences on here and really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Mynose
Posted by

Stitches came out today - think I’ll just have to get used to this face and be grateful that the BCC was removed.  Just got to learn not to worry that perhaps there might be stray cells that could grow, as this happened before when I was told it had all been eradicated. Live for the day!

Rebecca Rebecca
Posted by

Hello Mynose

So sorry to hear what you’ve been going through. I’ve had a different experience but reading stories on here, wounds from procedures can heal quickly and better than we sometimes expect. I hope that’s the case for you. 

Take care, Rebecca x