Skin cancer

A place for people affected by any type of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Cost of Mohs at Private Clinics??

bounty9999
Posted by

Lattelover thanks so much for the detailed and quick reply.  I was about to book in for the private Mohs but I think  I will wait. Dr Sheth did say it would be done all on the same day on the NHS too.  I think your situation was different and in your shoes we would have done exactly the same as you and it would have been money well spent. But I think we can afford to wait to have the surgery by Dr Sheth at Guys hospital.  You have saved us a heap of money and peace of mind that we will get a great surgeon for free.   Thank you. Much love xx

Lattelover
Posted by

Please give him my regards.    Patty, his Cadogan Clinic patient who loves going to Gujarat!   

bounty9999
Posted by

I will for sure thanks so much! X

Sunflowerseeds
Posted by

Where did you go for this? I'm trying to work out where to send my daughter as she's been recommend removal of a lesion beneath her eye.  Want to find the best!

Lattelover
Posted by

Cadogon Clinic, Sloan Square, London.   4,000 GBP.   Mohs and plastic surgery included ; one morning's session.  1 followup visit and then I asked for another visit.     Dr. Sheth.   I was very very happy with the speed of the appointment and workmanship and care.   My nose looks fine now, got it done in May, takes about 3 months to look decent, so be patient.      

kathrynp
Posted by

I went with the NHS - and had the same MOHs surgeon and max-fax consultant as I would have done if I'd gone privately. Might have taken longer to get from diagnosis to surgery, but cost me nothing for exactly the same treatment!

Lattelover
Posted by

Well, I hope I am as lucky as you because today I found out I have more bcc on my nose.   My op was this last May......   I can't afford private care again... Bah

Starbank
Posted by

I had Mohs surgery almost 3weeks ago and paid £3.000 and it was worth every penny. I had already waited 4 months on the NHS and it would probably have been at least another 10 months.