Skin cancer

A place for people affected by any type of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

merkel cell carcinoma

Jamiehosed
Posted by

mr Merkel,

thank you for your reply my Mums age is the thing that is worrying me and she is not really in good health she is on lots of tablets and a little frail , which is to be expected at 90 years young. her mind is fine just the body is getting old bless her. i am just going to have to wait till she has her PET scan and see what the doctors say.  she did say to me yesterday if she has to loose her leg so be it. but again i dont know if her body is up for that to be honest. she moans about having to take all the tablets that she has to and she is diabetic as well but only on tablets to control it. i think she has had enough of doctors bless her. it is now a waiting game for all of us i think. again thank you for you reply

Wendy

Jamiehosed
Posted by

dear Latchbrook. thank you for your reply that has given me some insight in to it. the next thing she has to have is the PET scan thank you again.

Wendy

Jamiehosed
Posted by

Dear Debsway,

thank you for your reply, i will get my Brother to ask about immunotherapy when he goes back with her. it is just so hard for me as i live 4 hours drive away , wish i was able to go with her then i could ask all the questions i have and get the information straight for the doctors . i will just have to wait till she has had the Pet scan and see what that shows up and what they want to do with her. i would say that she is not in good health she is not bad but has a few problems , due to her age really at 90 she is doing very well just her body is not playing along with her mind bless her in her mind she is still young well younger than she is.

thank you again for the information

Wendy

Sven
Posted by

Dear Wendy and Debsway,

My understanding is that immunotherapy (Avelumab) should be available from the NHS, as it has now been approved by NICE.

See: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta51

It is a quite recent approval, so one may have to be persuasive to obtain  the treatment.

Wendy: As mentioned, do look back in the thread and do ask questions. We are not experts, but can tell you about our experiences.

Best wishes to you both,

Sven.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  

Thanks for taking the time to look up this immunotherapy for Wendy and Debsway that should now be available.

Unfortunately the link took me to a page about Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for depression and anxiety.

x

Sven
Posted by

Dear Latchbrook,

Thank you for pointing out the mistake, my apologies, I think that my cutting and pasting left off a final 7 So, hopefully this is the link:

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta517

I sort of edited edit my previous message in that it now links to the correct page, but I could not quite figure out how to make the printed link have the 7 at the end! Sorry.

Sven.

latchbrook
Posted by

No problem  

I think to alter the link to show the 7 at the end I think you'd have to delete the link first and then put it back in again this time with the 7 on the end. However, as the link now takes people to where you wanted them to go I don't think it matters.

Take care

x