Squamous cell carcinoma

• 28 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi I have just recently had 2nd operation to remove cancerous cells and tissues in back of my left calf. Stitches came out today 3 wks after op but still no test results back yet to say if they got it all. This is driving me mad and all I can think of . 

• Thank you. Will let you know Tuesday Evening, appointment isn't till 3.30 pm. I am sure it is healing fine and you don't see any change as you constantly see it xx 

Sending love xx 

• Hi Harlyn.well saw the consultant on Tues and my margins are clear. Such great news and relief. Scar is healing slowly but I don't care. Hope your doing ok xx 

• That is absolutely brilliant news, bet you are over the moon.  My scar is ok bit lumpy still and doing lots of massge with bio oil but so near my eye. Consultant siad it will be fine in time !!  Keep in touch we are in this together xx

• Thank you x so pleased. Told me I will have 3 month check ups for next two yrs , but was so convinced I had to have another operation it's absolutely great news x Hope your well x 

• I am absolutely thrilled. 3 month check ups for 2 yrs. Of course I will keep in touch not leaving this site it saved my sanity . Glad you are ok and scar is healing xxx Sparkling heart

• Glad to know we can keep in touch. This site kept me going too, to be able to chat with people in the same situation was just fantastic.  I have to have regular checks too, Consultsnt will decide how often when I see him in July,  Lots of love x
  • Hi Harlyn . Hope your doing ok. I am back . Haven't been feeling too good and found another skin lesions.went to doctors and been put back on the cancer pathway , was told 2 WK wait like normal got Heart phone call on Tuesday and was in to see consultant yesterday. Having op on Tuesday as it's definitely another one . Here we go again .xxx Heart️

• Hi Nickpick I am really sorry to read you have another skin lesion, what a worry for you, especially as you thought everything was ok.  Where abouts is this one.  I am on holiday, go home tomorrow, and been paranoid about the sun, although not had too much, which suiited me fine.  I see my Consultant mid July.  Please please keep in touch, here for you anytime you need to offload.  Good luck xx

• So sorry to hear that you have a new lesion that needs to be removed.

I've just had a basal cell removed which is hopefully healing by secondary intention. I'm still waiting on histology.

Its so difficult as people seem to think these things are nothing and don't understand that to those who have skin cancers they're a big deal which often involves surgery.

This forum has been such a great support and I'm sure you will find it be too