Skin flaps/grafts on face after basal cell cancer

• 14 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi everyone. As some of you know I have had a skin flap and skin graft surgery on my face, one in January and one in March.  I am on holiday in Cornwall and had a real melt down tonight.  Only been here a day and my scars are very red.  I have used my normal face moisturiser and lots of Factor 50 face sun cream.  No sun but very windy, but not been out in it for long and did revert to wearing my face mask to try and cover my face a bit more.  Has anyone else had an experience like this.  I feel I just want to shut myself away in our holiday apartment for 2 weeks.  How long have peoples grafts taken to completely look "normal". Some days I think mine looks better and the next day it seems lumpy.  I am just so fed up with it all now. Peoplke just think these bcc's are trivial, but they aren't and encroach on your life.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  Sun is fortecast from tomorrow and I am terrified to go out of the door, but my Consultant told me I had to as my body needs the sun, just be careful.  I just can't be any more careful.  I am massaging it still do you think I should stop now.  Just want a bit of re-assurance that things are ok.