Pseudomyxoma peritonei

Pseudomyxoma Peritonei is a rare cancer of the appendix. If you're suffering from PMP, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Looking for coping mechanisms and seeking fellow carers

ESTRELLA1
Posted by

My husband has stage 4 cancer.  It's a rare cancer, appendiceal cancer. He had PMP treatment  in January 2017, followed by 6months of chemo. The cancer is high grade that has spread to other parts of the body outside of the abdomen. He is receiving chemo currently. I am looking for help from carers in a similar situation and seeking mechanisms or tools to make the most of our time left. Thank you. 

Estrella
pmpsurvivor
Posted by

Hi Estrella

Sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis. I too have a diagnosis of PMP (low grade). I had surgery in Basingstoke, where was your husband treated? 

Regards
Angela

Angela
Trustee, Pseudomyxoma Survivor
pmpsurvivor 
ESTRELLA1
Posted by

Hi Angela,

So loveky of you to get intouch. I am sorry too that you have this diagnosis. My husband was treated at Basingstoke Hospital. He has high grade. He recently had chemo as it has returned, and having a 3 month break which we hope will be longer. Depends on the scan result in March. How are you doing? My best, Estrella

Estrella