Pseudomyxoma peritonei

Pseudomyxoma Peritonei is a rare cancer of the appendix. If you're suffering from PMP, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Pmp

harleyquinn78
Posted by

Hi everyone, I’m new here, I just wanted to share my story and see if anyone has any advice to share.

I had my appendix out in May and somehow I got lost in the system and 12 weeks later I went back to see my surgeon who said I had a mucin in my appendix and he recommended having part of my bowel removed, which I had in September 17. I’ve just had my follow up with the Christie hospital and they are quite reassuring that the type of Tumor it was, was inside my appendix and it didn’t look like it had gone on to my bowel. She also said it shouldn’t spread but they don’t know an awful lot about the mucin as it’s a rare form. 

Does anyone have a similar story and can they advise? My tummy has not gone down and I’m having trouble controlling my bowel movements. All I was advised is to not eat fruit or fibre. 

peace and love 

HQ x

pmpsurvivor
Posted by

Hello harleyquinn78

Welcome and sorry you’ve had to found your way here. Did you see someone from the Peritoneal Tumour Service at the Christie? If not, you should. If you did then they are one of the two centres for appendix cancer approved by NICE.

I was told by a consultant that bowels don’t like to be touched and it can take a really long time for them to settle down. I would keep a food diary and try and work out which foods are an issue, for me, it’s a matter of bland, no fibre and no red meat.

xx

Angela
Trustee, Pseudomyxoma Survivor
pmpsurvivor