Pseudomyxoma peritonei

Pseudomyxoma Peritonei is a rare cancer of the appendix. If you're suffering from PP, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Ileostomy

High999
Posted by

Hi folks, anyone else got a permanent ileostomy? I have issues with the consistency of the output, it can be fine some days, other times it’s loose and can get very watery, the noises can also be quite loud. Coffee and hot chocolate were culprits but I’m not a great one for keeping a food diary and don’t exactly follow the rules, I eat late at night and find it hard to chew my food the recommended way. I also wonder about lactose intolerant or a milk allergy although I was fine before surgery. I asked my doctor and consultant about a test but this must be expensive because they wanted to go down the line of cutting dairy produce from my diet. However, I’m on a very limited budget and when I look at packaging in the supermarket it’s going to prove difficult.

Lass
Posted by

Hey there High,

I'm sorry to see you've not had a reply here yet. However, I just wanted to point you to the ileostomy support group where you might get some more answers to your queries.

Hope that helps,

Lass

xx