lifes a bitch at times

hi all , havent been about for a while ,, had the prostatectomy last year and slowly started getting back to a sort of normal life ,, psa tho never disappeared,  then this covid 19 came and things started to change ,, in the end they decided tondona pct scan and found lymph nodes and prostate bowel had it ,, talk about thanks !. hormone tablets and injections for a year and now starting radiotherapy in September. 

but guess what ??? it aint gona get me ,,, still smiling and laughing when i can ,, had the odd tear but havent we all ,,, 

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well 

Smile

• You're an inspiration matey

All the best

S

• Mine also was persistent. Bit of a bugger, thinking surgery would cure then discovering it else where. There will be tears, thankfully it’s more acceptable now and healthier than bottling it up.

Good luck for radiotherapy 

• thank you ,,, 

wish you all the best   

Iain 

Live ,,,  Love ,,, Laugh ,,, And Enjoy Every Moment In your Life !

• youngman ,, 

thank you for saying ,,,  

i wish you all the best and dont let the bugger get you down Slight smile

• I wish you all the best with the radiotherapy Bikerboy66.

I've been through salvage radiotherapy with hormone therapy too.

Hopefully it will do the job. 

I like your philosophy. Stay well, stay strong.

Ido4

• Sorry to hear that.  You have a great attitude so am sure you will sail through your treatment.

All the best and let us know how you get along.

• ldo4 ,, looks like you have had a rough time of it , but coming tho the other end now ,,, im pleased for you ,,,

iv 7 weeks of radiotherapy to be booked ,,, 

time will tell ,,, one day at a time ,,, 

i wish you and your family many happy days Slight smile

• freefaller love the name Grin

thanks for you message ,

stay safe and keep smiling 

• Stay strong and keep evaluating. 
    I started in 2012 and still hanging in there. 
    Running out of options however believe more treatments are comingPray

I just started June 16 2020 and have 5 more infusions every 3 weeks. I just completed the fourth infusion 8-24-2020. My PSA went up slightly 13.6 to 14.3.. I have been in Lupron-2012, casodex, enzalutamide, Xgeva and originally radiation in 2010. PSA was 2.8 with a Gleason 3/4= 7. Long road and still waiting for cure. I still have albiterone left after chemo. 

Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things.  Don’t get caught up in what you can’t control.  Accept it and make the best of it.  When you stop worrying about what you can’t control, you have more time to change the things you can control.  And that changes everything in the long run.

• Hi I really like your thinking. I went for a ct scan to work out the radiotherapy, only to find out that I have a large bladder so all the radiotherapy has been put on hold. I've been referred to Urology but haven't heard anything from them as yet.

All we can do is keep going with a smile. 

Stay positive and stay safe. 

David. 

David