We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Zoladex implant

wavy s
Posted by

I'm due for my second implant on Wednesday and I wondered if it would make my hot flushes get any worse. I seem to be getting them more and more the nearer I get to the injection. Can anyone help me with this please. 

David 
Seamus47
Posted by

I would ask your GP and they might suggest Ciproterone or Provera both of which are prescribed for hot flushes in PC patients. 

Seamus
(See my profile for more)
wavy s
Posted by

Hi Seamus 47 

Thanks for the info, I will give the natural method a try first before even attempting to contact my GP. 

David 
Norberry
Posted by

Hi, provera kiboshed the flushes for me, quite spectacular improvement, was going out with two towels, now no need for anything. Good luck.

wavy s
Posted by

Well I had it done yesterday and it was not the most pleasant of experiences as it took the nurse over a minute of sticking the needle in and wiggling it around. She kept saying that she could not get it into the right place. I did start to worry if we were going to be there all day but she managed it. It was then she said I needed a blood test for my thyroid, again she inserted the needle but couldn't get any blood out of me (why does a stone come to mind.) From being made to wait outside for 20 minutes before going in to all the wiggling about of needles, I'm glad I've now got 3 months respite. 

David