We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

effects of covid on nhs

Alex Simplicity
Posted by

My urologist was running 2 hours late on my latest appointment in february, and i was a bit grumpy when i finally got to see him!

Now i find i will not see him next feb.

He has just died of the virus, and the staff in the hospital were very upset.

I wish i had been more pleasant towards him!

Feel bad!

alex

K.I.S.S! 
Grundo
Posted by

Alex

It's a sad story but u weren't to know at the time and 2 hours is a long wait, u probably got there early so longer than 2 hours.

Steve

YoungMan
Posted by

As said, two hours is a long time.  

we cannot later what has been, we can only alter what will be.  I’ve been affected by long delays, I’ve also caused long delays. At the gp with depression and also due to psa test results.  At hospital after diagnosis.  There are swings and roundabouts, generally I’ve found professionals there when required and for that I’m eternally grateful.

we can only change how we deal with things next time, don’t dwell on the past, it cannot be changed

Alex Simplicity
Posted by

Spot on Steve! I hate being late for anyone, so I wss there an hour early The wait was 3 hours!

Thanks for that

K.I.S.S! 
Alex Simplicity
Posted by

The serenity prayer covers that...... "to accept the things we cannot change"

It is plain common sense!

K.I.S.S! 
Grundo
Posted by

just be glad that u were only grumpy with him and hadn't thrown his stethoscope across the room.