We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Results

freefaller
Posted by

Your consultant will normally say how long he wants his patients on HT.  Some like me finish before RT, some don't have HT before RT and others are on for 2 to 3 years.  You need to ask your consultant this question.

bar711
Posted by

Well had call today all went well psa 0.1 which he said is best can expect as someone had posted asked if clear and he said that this is best results and 12 week blood test and visit (civid19) permitting. On 3 monthly injections for 2/3 yrs unless problems with it . Did say was HT giving false readings he said just keep looking on long positive , would go out celebrate but everything closed. Take care everyone and thankyou for sharing your knowledge and journey with us 

Grundo
Posted by

That's excellent news bar but I wonder y he has to stay on HT for 2/3 years?

What were his original stats, Gleeson, psa just before starting any treatment, was the tumour contained in the gland?

Still time to celebrate though, have to crack open a bottle at home

Steve

Ido4
Posted by

Really good result. Celebration time.

Ido4

freefaller
Posted by

Brilliant news.  I hope you had a small drink to celebrate.