We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Biopsy.

Grundo
Posted by

I know that u have been worried about this one John.

It's good news, in the right direction, hopefully it will carry on going down, mine is still going down 3 years after treatment finished, albeit slowly.

When is your next one?

All the best     Steve

wombles
Posted by

Thanks. Dr says 3 months. Consultant says 6. Dr says no more dre's Consultant says yearly. I say forget about everything and enjoy the weekend. So pleased I had the test instead of waiting until Tuesday. My new Dr even texted me the result with encouraging comments. Nice of him. Have a good weekend. John. 

Grundo
Posted by

Six months should be ok, u don't want to be going thru this every 3 months.

Have a restful weekend forgetting about PC for a change.

Ido4
Posted by

Good to see PSA still falling.

Ido4

freefaller
Posted by

Good to hear John.  Hope your new Doc sticks around he seems thoughtful.

Have a good weekend.

Des

wombles
Posted by

The only thing that bothers me is the small drop of .2 again. It's 13 months since rt but my head said it would be about 1.5 this time and it's 2.7. But it went down and the only person bothered is me! Ignorance is not bliss or whatever. One thing different, Dr said to have testosterone boosts monthly now rather than 3 weekly. The latest reading was not above the normal range but about 3/4 on the scale, a week before the injection. Nobody has suggested stopping it, as with Intermediate Favourable it is ok. Hope you all are keeping safe. NZ has shut itself and I guess having no land borders helps. Best wishes, John. 

Grundo
Posted by

Try not to think too much about the psa John, it is still going down after 13 months.

Shame they couldn't be a bit more adventurous with the testosterone injections, just extending it by one week.

You would have thought that 6/8 weeks could be worth trying, after all, u can always go back to 3/4 weeks if necessary, perhaps they just want to go one week at a time.

Best wishes

Steve

freefaller
Posted by

Still good that it is going down - that is the main thing.  My PSA didn't get down really low on Hormone Treatment before RT.  First drop was Ok but then very small drops each time.  That worried me too.  Whenever one gets a PSA test there is a lot of worry around it and unfortnately we have to keep having them.  We are keeping as safe as we can without being silly about it.  Angry at panic buyers - you wouldn't believe the things the shops are running out of.  Seems that this type of thing brings out the worst selfish side in some people but such generosity in others.  Take care.

Des