Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

PSA rise after changing to Decapeptyl

Rich12
Posted by

Just returned from meeting with my onco tonight. I feel much more positive. Latest PSA has dropped to 2.06 from 4.87 in 2 weeks. He wants this to continue downwards and stay there. Abiraterone is working for the moment!!!

Rich12
Posted by

Hello Ian,

the plan for the moment is just the Abiraterone with the continued Prostap. He did say there are several other things to turn to if/when that fails so I am feeling much more positive!!!

Kind regards,

Richard

Ido4
Posted by

Hi Richard, Glad to hear your oncologist is on top of things and that you are feeling more positive. Keep fighting! Best wishes, 

Ido4

Rich12
Posted by

I really think he is - which is very useful as I am now MCRPc. Incedently I also went for a Foundation Liquid Biopsy earlier in the month so it will be interesting to see what my genomic profile is.

Ido4
Posted by

I had to look this liquid biopsy up! Sounds interesting and if it can help you find more targeted treatment then all the better.

If you are ok with it let me know how you get on.

Ido4

Rich12
Posted by

It is genomic profiling which I am sure you do know about! Itidentifies gene mutation/hereditary mutation (Angelina Jolie did it) and picks up known mutation gene mutations like BRCA1 & 2.