Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer

kejen
Posted by

Hi Joe, I'm not on any trial as far as I'm aware, I think the consultant would have said if I was and no I've not had radiotherapy. You read about people having all sorts of different treatments that you have never even heard of. May be it's a bit at a time treatment wise or if he doesn't need it don't give him it! Only time will tell, you just have to have faith in the consultant and hope he is doing his best for you.

Cheers for now

Keith

MarlowRob
Posted by

Hey SD1

That's a heck of a story. Very bold of you to stop the HT treatment. Not sure if the same approach would be any good for me. Like you I was told HT for life , which goes with all of the joyous side effects, as you describe.

My PSA was 259 with localised bone mets to ribs, hips & spine. 18 weeks of high dose chemo last year. Still feeling fatigued and having issues with numbness in my hands and legs, but your story gives me hope that one day, maybe, just maybe I can get back to "normal". Fingers crossed.

I wish you well

MarlowRob

SD1
Posted by

Hi there chap,

We are on different paths I see from your stats.  But you have to have some hope or there's no point in having treatment really.  There is a nice man on Prostate UK who is refusing treatment (for now) as he cannot face the side effects.  Brave chappy that he is.  I'm just bloody hopeless with any drugs so didn't do well with the depression bit in the middle.  But isn't time a healer as here I am on my 'orrible 'ormones hols and as near to 'normal' as I suppose I'll ever get.  Bad thoughts and all that jazz almost a forgotten memory but I have to remind myself this is a holiday so one day I'll be following your path.

I hope that once the effects of the chemo wear off into the sunset, you can have as normal a life as poss.  All the best chap.           

MarlowRob
Posted by

Good morning

Yes I know what you mean about all the drugs. I`m on a max dose of Gabapentin, taking 12 x300mg tablets a day to help with he nerve damage, but they have a whole plethora of side effects, not least of which has been inflamed gums, so much so I`m having to go to hospital today for dental surgery to remove some of the excess gum in one articular place in my mouth where the gum has "grown" into a gap between two of my teeth and expanded ! Oh joy, I hate dentists at the best of times and the thought of an unknown (to me) dentist cutting away at my gums fills me with dread !

Wish me luck !

MarlowRob

Grundo
Posted by

yes we wish u good luck

what time is your appointment 'Tooth Hurty'?

MarlowRob
Posted by

Groan...................................!! Close, its actually 2.15 ! Please, no more puns as awful as that ! Hahaha................

Grundo
Posted by

ok, this ones better

where do fish go with their teeth problems (the fish with teeth that is)

dental sturgeon

Frankily
Posted by

You've been reading the jokes in the Christmas Crackers again!

Grundo
Posted by

Oh well, so long as it produced a few grimaces in these troubled times

MarlowRob
Posted by

Wwwhhhoooo..............................................hospital dental surgeon decided that it was just gum inflammation and decided against taking any action.

Good news for once !

Wayne1964
Posted by

Hi,

Sorry to read about your situation.

I would advise you to check out VITUS Prostate, Offenbach.

I have just been treated for prostate cancer, Gleason 9 with a PSA of 111. This clinic treats cancer around nodes etc, very limited side effects and it is possible to return for additional treatment.

They create an electric field in the cancer area and either, or add Chemo product, or just zap the cancer cell with the charge.

The site explains all.

I am sitting at home recovering, I had hormone treatment and then the treatment in Germany, I have avoided 44 sessions of radiotherapy. 

I'm 54, fit, slim, non smoker etc....

Good luck, VITUS really is a solution with Electrchemotherapy, ECT.

Kind thoughts,

Wayne Baxter 

Wayne Baxter 
MarlowRob
Posted by

Hello Wayne

Glad you are recovering well. Your treatment sounds very interesting, especially avoiding radiotherapy, I really hope it works for you as it sounds much less invasive than other treatments.

I had 18 weeks of high dose chemo as my cancer is aggressive and has metastasised but I`m on the road to recovery, its just unfortunate that my cancer has damaged some major nerves which is giving me the neuropathy in my hands and legs, causing numbness, severe pain and stiff fingers.

I`m 61, non smoker, average drinker and have always worked full time and kept reasonably fit, so this is pretty devastating and shows how life can completely change, literally overnight !

I wish you well for a continued recovery.

MarlowRob  

Wayne1964
Posted by

Cheers Rob,

Hang in there, I'm sure that your body will adapt.

Checkout VITUS Prostate, if, god forbid, you need further treatment, it could be an option.

Keep working on your recovery, enjoy those around you.

Take care,

Wayne Baxter 

Wayne Baxter 
MarlowRob
Posted by

That's the plan ! I have a great wife and family, really enjoying spending time with my grand Daughter who was here to cheer me up during chemo last year too, she`s a smasher.

I will check out VITUS as you suggest.

Take care

Regards

Rob

SA19
Posted by

Hi Zenrose,

May I private message you in regards to some questions please. It would really help. Thank you.

SA19