Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Gleason 4+4=8 and NANOKNIFE / IRE

Antalya
Posted by

Don't know how helpful this maybe Troc,but about a year ago my cancer returned and l had a Pet scan in Turkey to determine where it was, followed by True beam radiotherapy and put on Zoldex PSA today is 0.1 The hospital I attended is JCI gold star, American quality system in patient care etc Would emphasize hospital not a clinic and they are very professional.Cost of treatment was between £4k to £5k,I also had a cataract removed included in this price, I seen a Professor Doctor Mustafa  you can book an e-appointment and read up on the consultants history publications etc they have good interpreters.l had the procedure carried out at Memorial Hastanesi (hospital) in Antalya hence my nickname,whatever you do don't use Google translate, they tell me it's like a2year Old's ramblings in Turkish! If I can provide more info if you are interested in this option send me a private message and I will do my best to answer any questions.

Incredible1
Posted by

HI 

I am interested to know about Nano-knife treatment, I have been diagnosed recently in Belgium in Brussels I had a biopsy which confirmed a tumour with Gleason score (3+4) 7, Urologist advise is the entire removal of the prostate which I am very sceptical about, I am 65, I live and work in Brussels and the health system here is totally different from NHS.

I appreciate any information, all the best and good luck

billythewizz
Posted by

Hi incredible1

having had Ire twice now, I definitely think it’s worth a go for you. But beware, it’s not inconsequential, my advice is go and see Prof Emberton in London, don’t go anywhere near Prof Stehlling in Offenbach, he left me incontintent and impotent! My quality of life is a train wreck after paying him a lot of money to try and preserve it! Good luck!

Billy
YoungMan
Posted by

That is the big difference between prostratectomy and nano knive. you’ll only have prostratectomy once

billythewizz
Posted by

That's true, I can't argue with that!

Billy