Prostate cancer

A support group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Bone Pain

ValFF
Posted by

My husband has prostate cancer with bone metastases.

He is having Zoledronic Acid infusions every month and is experiencing pain in various bones.

It is, I am sure, very difficult to determine whether the pain is a side effect of the medication or whether the metastases are increasing.

Has anyone else been in this position?

Ido4
Posted by

Hello ValFF,

I am so sorry to read of your husband's pain.

I don't have any experience of Zoledronic Acid but initial bone or joint pain is mentioned as one of the initial side effects. How long has he been getting these infusions?

Has he been prescribed pain killers for this?

If you click here and here there is more information available.

It might be worth speaking to his doctors about this increase in pain so that he can get painkillers to help with it.

Best wishes,

Ian

mobility
Posted by

My hubby is getting the infusions. Had extreme pains for past week. Make sure they check as his has spread further in bones.

life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open and you walk into the glass

ValFF
Posted by

Thank you both for your replies.

My husband does not want to take analgesia at the moment. The pain seems to come and go and there does not seem to be a pattern to it.

We already know there is some bone spread where he is getting the pain so it seems pointless having any more investigations at the moment.

Valerie