Chemotherapy and Total knee replacement problems

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with their knee replacements whilst having Chemotherapy.

I have had two cycles now and the knee replacement that I had in September 2019 has started to -

Give me pain and feels swollen, it also makes a noise like there is scrunched up paper inside.

I did briefly read an article that mentions that the Chemo weakens the cement used in the TKR

Any advice welcome please 

Thanks 

Spud

"You don't know how Strong you are,

until being Strong is your only choice"

Bob Marley 

• Hi Spuduknow and welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you needed to find us and especially sorry to hear about your Prostate cancer diagnosis. Although I don't have the same cancer as you I know a cancer diagnosis brings many questions, confusion and lots of stress but talking with other people who are walking the same type of journey will help you navigate this rollercoaster.

I see you have already joined our Prostate cancer forum so I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your post.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B x

I'm a community champion

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you Mrs B,

your advice has been taken on board,

and was valued 

So sorry for the late reply.

Take care and stay safe,

Spud

• You're welcome. Stay safe too! Bx

I'm a community champion

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett