Hi all

• 12 replies
  • 157 subscribers

I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer 3 weeks ago, i dont know much about it, i was by myself at the consultation when i was told. I was expecting it but it still hit me like a train, think i was too much in shock to ask questions at the time. I have noticed the word advanced in a letter from hospital. It has left me very scared and anxious about asking questions in case it turns out to be very bad news.

I have been having episodes of feeling quite unwell for last 9 months, this led to the investigations that found the cancer, i am still not sure whether the episodes are linked to the cancer, the cosultant said he didnt associate my symptons with my condition.

It has turnrd my life upside down, i was a very active  happy go lucky 68 yr old, still working 3 days a week by choice. Know i find myself feeling constantly ill and worried.

I am not new to cancer, 27 years ago i had bowel cancer, i have lived a normal life even though i was left with a permanent colostomy.

Any help advice support appreciated

• Hi Rob

Are you on hormone medication? Or any other treatments. Hormone treatment can make some people feel unwell, has your doctor said anything, if there not cancer related issues, then he needs a visit, could be anything blood sugar, low iron, but I’m no doctor he should have an answer.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi jo Thanks or reply

Since i have been on hormone therapy 3 weeks ago, things been getting terrible, sometimes unable to walk without holding onto something, can go on for hours, and generaly feel so unwell all i can do is lie down.