Proste cancer, hormone injection

• 13 replies
  • 149 subscribers

Hello there I'm Trevor I have prostate cancer in remission after 3 years of hormone injection, brycatherape and a course of 25 radiotherapy. Just had my last hormone injection as have been on them 3 years I think that's the max. My cancer was aggressive and had a gleason score of 10, anyone out there had hormone injections for 3 years how did you feel with them?

• Hi Joe

Hi there hope your OK I had a high gleason and was put on hormone injections straight away, but only for 3 years had my last one may 19th and my next psa blood test is in Oct. They have told me they expect my psa to go up but not to high, if it does I'm in for a scan and who knows what?

I would ask your doctor why you are on indefinitely, I can't understand why. What are your psa levels now?

All the best

Trevor54

• Hi lovely to hear from you hope you and your husband are as good as you can be in this tough time. I'm doing OK so far my last hormone injection was may 19th and my next psa blood test is Oct, I have been told they expect it to go up a little but if it goes up to much I'm in for a scan and who knows what!!

Hang in there guys I know it's tough but you'll get through this thinking of you and if you need me I'm hear anytime. 

All the best

Trever54

• Hi Trevor

At the time my PSA was 893, with that was a Gleason score of 9/10 then reading some of the jargon n1 m1 and some other stuff,I had it in a number of bones, pelvis, left ribs, shoulder and spine. I was offered a place on the stampede trial chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormone treatment it all worked to the point my PSA dropped to 0.04 now over five years later it’s gradually raised to 6.2 then I went on enzalutamide and it’s dropped a little to 4.9 now. 
    when I started with the prostap I asked how long this would be given and was informed for life as my PC was very aggressive, it may also have been part of the stampede trial I was on which has now finished, but the medication is still to be taken.

Hope that explains a bit.

stay safe

Joe