Hi. Everyone just been diagnosed.

• 83 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi I am 65 years old from Ni.Ireland I had a prostate biopsy done on 23rd March 2022. I was supposed to get my  results on the 13 th May.. This appointment was then cancelled until the 8th June . I actually know my results through my local GP. Results came back positive for Cancer..I don't know how severe it is ,but can I assume it's not too bad as my appointment has been delayed for another 4 weeks . I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thank you .

• Hi Stuart. Thank you for your input again it looks like I have a lot to consider hopefully when I get my appointment in and listen to radiologist and medical team I can then make a final decision to  which route to go .Again thank you hopefully you are getting back to a more normal life style .   Pete.

• Hi Petsin,

Glad to hear that you had positive news following news that the cancer was localised; and you are niw weighing treatment options. Unfortunately I cannot give you any info about HT as that was not an option for me. I was offered the choice of surgery or radiotherapy and I opted for the former. I am 6 weeks post surgery and getting on with managing bladder control through pelvic floor exercise  and walking.  I hope you continue to do your research onto treatment options and choose what you feel best meet your needs. Through the last months O gave been reminded hiw fortunate I am to have these options and in other parts of the world these are nit available. 

It is still a journey and every step of the way I gave git to keep on fighting. 

Best of luck!

• Hi Eagle l  Thanks anyway . Hopefully I will be able to make an informed decision once I have seen the medical team .I will post once this happens. Glad to hear your doing well and still fighting . Keep me informed of your progress.   Pete

• hi i am new to this, i have been diagones with lung cancer which is advanced with has traveled to my liver and spine, i am 54 and was a support worker for the homeless, cant do anything now, i have just taken morphin 10 mils, but doesnt seem to work which makes me think its worse than it is, not than it can be, i have a lot of friends who what to to me but i say no, what do i say to them, sorry to ramble

• not sure why i put my name as it is, it should of said for the life i dont want x

• Hi for the life I don't want. Sorry to hear your news .I don't really know what to say  except cancer is such a horrible condition.most of the guys on here have prostate cancer although with some it has spread to other areas .  I don't really know anything about lung cancer but have a search around this site and I am sure you will find people with similar conditions as yourself .Wish I could help more but I am sure someone will respond to you . Stay as positive as you can and let your friends help talk to them it will help . Again sorry I can't help much more than what I have already said hopefully you find someone  Pete 

• thank you for your advice, much appriciated

Kate

• Hi Kate sorry I couldn't be of more help  .Hope you get all the support and treatment you need ASAP.Have  Found anyone with similar diagnose as yourself.       Pete

• hi pete, no i havent they all have prostrate cancer, i have heard so much re chemo, is it worth if it damagees me more organns , sorry about spellings, hope you know what i am talking about, i have radiotherpy appt next wednesday,also results from my CT scan  and then week after chemo, x4 every 3 weeks , then pain relief, thank you so much to replying to me, dont feel so alone

• Person,

Joe is right saying to take someone with you.  When I was diagnosed, it was as if I wasn't in my body.  I could see the Oncologist's lips move but I didn't hear anything.  It was when I saw my partner's reaction I was brought crashing down to earth.

I also was a Gleason 7 (3+4) Intermediate Risk.  Unsuitable for surgery I had 2 options, Hormones and Radiotherapy or do nothing.  Not much of a choice really.

I had 12 months of Hormones and 20 sessions (fractions) of VMAT Radiation.

9 months later I was told that I was in Biochemical Remission.

I'm attending a course at my local Maggie's in Newcastle.  The course is "Living with and Beyond Prostate Cancer".  Just had my second of 6 sessions.  Amazing.

There is a new form of Radiation treatment being offered.  It's an intense course of Radiation over 1 week, no Hormones at all.

I think you must have to hit certain criteria to be offered that.  Apparently you can only have the intensive Radiation treatment once.  The Radiation would overload your system otherwise.

A guy I work with has the possibility of the intensive Radiation.

I don't regret the decision I made.

Hope you get some good information and make the right choice for yourself as we're all different and you may or may not get certain side effects.

I for one have come out a lot stronger mentally, I can talk about anything now, whereas before I would lock it up inside.

A big side effect for me is I can waffle on and on and on and on...

Steve (SteveCam)