Pancreatic cancer

Affected by pancreatic cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

My mum got told a month ago that she MAY have pancreatic cancer

Smiffie85
Posted by

Hi all my mum was told a month ago that she MAY have pancreatic cancer and this was after 9 months of pain and being fobbed of with being told it' a muscle tear or a trapped nerve. They did a ct and MRI and found a mass on her pancreas after weeks of begging. Within the last month we have only had blood tests done (all clear) and nothing more!!!! Waiting on an endoscopy and colonoscopy under anaesthetic but that is going to be another two weeks. My mum is struggling with pain although on morphine and sleeps a ot and she has lost A LOT of weight becaue she isn't eating. We have tried everything and also my dad is really struggling to cope. He is looking after her everyday but is worried she is going to die. He never cries but does so all the time in front of me and tells me he can' do this! My husband and I love with them but both work. I help with everything when I am at home and have taken days off when he is feeling low. I have rang so many people for help and rang her gp but not getting anywhere. We have been in and out of A and E and still nothing. I am lost as to what to do to help my dad cope and I want n emergency appointment for my mum so we can get a diagnosis asap as she is getting worse everyday! Can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can go for help? Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance x

Squeaky
Posted by

Smiffie

I’m sorry to hear this. My husband faced delays for tests and in the end we had these done privately which confirmed he had PC. It’s really very frustrating. Could you see if the GP can push for quicker tests?

Squeaky