Stage 2

• 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

My mum has been diagnosed with stage 2 but in operable as it's wrapped around blood vessels.  Heartbreaking that stage 2 but can't remove.  Anyone have any experiece of this and is there any way it could become operable?

She has an appointment to dicuss options, any advice on any good questions to ask/that you've found helpful.

Thanks

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with any experience of whether your mum's pancreatic cancer will become operable in time, as I have a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the page where it'll be more easily spotted.

If you haven't already you could type something like' inoperable tumour becoming operable' into the search bar at the top of the page to see if there are any previous posts which mention this.

As for what sort of questions your mum could ask at her upcoming appointment, Macmillan has this handy information which she could take a look through and maybe print out to take with her to remind herself what she wants to ask.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Mrs PW

I tried to write before but it disappeared!

It is very difficult to say what might happen as it varies with different people. Sometimes chemotherapy will shrink the tumour and it might come away from the blood vessels. 

The best advice I can give about the appointment is to take notes as sometimes it is easy to forget what is said.

I hope your appointment goes well.

Squeaky