Ovarian cancer

A support group for anyone affected by ovarian cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Borderline Ovarian Cancer

doglover1
Posted by

Hi everyone,

I don’t really know what to write and just thought maybe my experience could maybe help others in some way, but I was recently diagnosed with borderline ovarian cancer at the age of 21. My ovaries were covered in lumps, I had an MRI to see if anything could be left but I had surgery last Thursday & had to have my ovaries & Fallopian tubes completely removed.

Arla
Posted by

Hi dog lover,

welcome to the community, I'm so sorry that you have been through this at such a young age. How are you getting on after your surgery?  I'm 36 and had my cervix, womb, ovaries and tubes removed last August as I had womb cancer. Have you got a good CNS for support? I  was really reluctant to ask for help but I eventually did and got some counselling, it really helped me process what had happened as I hadn't gotten round to having kids and the shock of a cancer diagnosis and treatment gave me a bit of ptsd (self diagnosed mind you, no one has said that was what it was). 

Will you have a surgical menopause or are you allowed HRT? 

Lots of love 

xxx