Ovarian cancer

A support group for anyone affected by ovarian cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Ovarian cyst mass over 5cm with septations? Just had surgery for breast cancer!

Valerina54
Posted by

At a CT scan last June they found a large ovarian cyst mass but as I was having chemo for breast cancer the consultant left it until now.  I had blood tests today and pelvic scan and was told there is now septations of the cyst and the size is roughly the same as last time is August 17.  I’m now worried it’s ovarian cancer.  I see consultant on 21st February so not too long to wait. Has anyone else had this?

Many thanks 

Valerina 

Valerina

Sadie375
Posted by

Hi Valerina

I wish I had some sort of information for you but I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. I have ovarian cancer but not breast so I can tell you about my experience with that.

Good luck with your appointments, hope all goes well

Deb

Sadie375

Valerina54
Posted by

Hi Deb

Sorry to hear you have ovarian cancer I hope you are getting through the treatment are are not too bad? 

Can I ask how did you find out was it through routine tests or were you having problems?  My ovarian cyst was picked up on the CT scan I had to check if it had spread anywhere else from the breast cancer!  I can’t wait to get results I really don’t think I could cope with anything else just yet! 

I start 4 weeks of radiotherapy this Friday and then when that is finished I have a couple of weeks rest before I start oral chemo as I have residual cancer cells around the body somewhere!!

Send lots of love to you

Valerina xx

Valerina

Sadie375
Posted by

I made an appointment for a colonoscopy because my dad had just passed away from colon cancer and since I turned 55 i thought it would be a good idea. It took a month to get the appointment and by then I had pain in my lower abdomen, the gastronologist thought it was diverticulitis, a scan found the cyst, the gyn ordered the .CA125 and next thing I knew I was in the hospital in extreme pain and having a hestorectomy. It all happened so fast, no time to even worry. I woke up with a colostomy, drain tubes, catheter, breathing tube, and oxygen mask. They told me later what I had and within a few weeks I was starting chemo. I had a blockage in my colostomy so when they scanned me and found more cancer so that's why we started chemo so quickly. My surgery was 12/27/2016, my last chemo was 7/26/17, on 2/5/18 I had my last .CA125 and it was 5.4, it shouldn't be over 30. 

I hope all goes well for you

Deb

Sadie375

Valerina54
Posted by

Hi Deb

Thank you for sharing your journey with me, you have been through so much but the last result you’ve had done sounds good news I’m so pleased for you .  You have been so brave.  

I have been getting groin pain this last few weeks and one minute I’m constipated the next cannot stop going but when I can’t go I am taking senokot to help me so that could be why.  I can’t wait to see gynaecologist next Wednesday to see what he says of results as has changed since last internal ultrasound!  The last CA125 was in normal range though so fingers crossed.  I would rather have it all removed though to be honest. 

Keep Positive and I will

Let you know how I get on next week.

Valerina

Valerina