Pain after chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hello group

I have stopped chemo for about 9 1/2 months now. I was on taxol & carboplatin for ovarian cancer, I also take gabapentin for neuropathy pain but lately my muscles & joints really hurt, especially after some gardening. I also get stabbing shots of nerve pain, like I'm being shocked and have no control over my movement. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for your support

Deb

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Deb 

I finished 12 mths ago and still have aches and pains my ribs also cramp up like they lock or something it’s so painful 

Imelda 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for sharing Imelda

I've been doing some research on my neuropathy meds and it could be the Gabapentin that is the problem. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday to see what else I can take. I also get my first scan results back Monday so I'm a nervous wreck. 

I don't think any cancer came back but I'm always a mess before test results. 

Have a great day

Deb

• FormerMember

Hi Deb 

Results time is always stressful I had 6 mth scan last week and was a nervous wreck but it was good thank god. Hopefully your results will be the same 

Imelda 

• FormerMember

Scan came back clean, and CA125 is only 7. Thank God. My doctor said my pain could also be the nerves coming back to life. We're adjusting meds to see if that helps. A day without pain would be wonderful nut unlikely. Life goes on!

• FormerMember

So glad your scan came back ok. I’ve my first scan next month as I finished chemo just over 2 weeks ago. It’s so scary having to wait. My last CA125 was 12. It will be checked again around the time of my scan. I hope the neuropathic pain improves. I have it in my feet. It was always worse after each course of chemo. Now my feet just feel constantly cold and over sensitive e.g. when walking on carpet. I’m a newbie to this site so please excuse me butting in on your conversation.

• FormerMember

I'm glad you jumped in. Neuropathy is the worst for me, It feels like I'm walking on marbles. Ouch. Hope your scan comes out great and thank you for sharing.

Deb

• Hi there, did you ever get relief from your muscle pain? I finished chemo back in Sept 2021 and I sull have so much muscle pain..sometimes worse than others ..the more I do , the more pain I am in later. Is there anything that helped i.e. medications, supplements, etc.?  As time passed did it get any better? 

I appreciate the response if you can. Hope you are feeling better and are doing better. 

• Hi there I just noticed your post. As the ID says Former Member it's quite likely that person has left the Community and that thread is now 4 years old. Lots of people leave the Community after treatment ends and Cancer is a time in everyone's life we'd rather forget.

Why not ask the advice of one of the nurses on the Macmillan Support Helpline on freephone no. 0808 808 0000. Alternatively start a new thread asking if other members here have continuing muscle pain.

I've a different cancer but just finished 6 cycles of Paclitaxel and Carboplatin. I've had no muscle pain whatsoever but now suffer peripheral neuropathy.

Hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett