Lynparza and side effects

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I have ovarian cancer stage C III High severity diagnose July 2015 had debulking surgery and 3 rounds of chemo and was on a trial drug first round 

with holidays in between . I have not been able to be cancer-free yet is my goal to be Ned.

I just started lynparza a month a go would like to know side effects other women are having. My side effects are very tired constipation some nausea I find I must take it with food my creatinine levels are high.

Thanks from crazy bird

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Crazy bird

I've been on Lynparza/olaparib since last November and would be happy to tell you more but I'm just about to leave the house.

There seems to be a thread on Ovacome, see here, that might be helpful to you.  There might be other threads too so it could be worth Googling.

Do feel free to private message me if it might help.

Best wishes

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi crazy bird

I have been on the maximum dose of this drug for a year. Other than getting severe heartburn initially which was rectified, I haven't had any side effects other than not sleeping too well sometimes.

Like any drug, people do react differently to it. I have been very fortunate and have always felt well. There are other people who have had problems and nausea and fatigue are common side effects.

Are you on Facebook? If so, there is a site called PARP INHIBITORS - Drugs and Trials which I have joined. It is a very useful closed site which you could ask to join.

Bev x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi, Bev H. I have been on Lynparza and experience severe heartburn quite often. How did you resolve your issues with heartburn?

Thanks!