Ovarian cancer

A group for anyone affected by ovarian cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

Fearing I may have ovarian cancer

Sophalex83
Posted by

For around 6 weeks, I have noticed severe pain in my pelvic area on and off, I also realised I had a need to wee more often, also bloated. I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago, he asked about my symptoms and felt my belly, he then said to have a urine sample done which I did, that came back with a urine infection which I have taken antibiotics for. I am constantly badly bloated, and still having pain in my pelvic area. I had blood tests done yesterday, and I will need to make an appointment to sort a ultrasound. I am worrying about it. I just need someone to talk to. Thank you. 

Chezza2uk
Posted by

Hi there. This is a safe and honest forum in which to talk about your worries. I only joined a few days ago. Like you had symptoms and went to my doctor. I've got 3 cysts on my ovaries found at an ultrasound scan which wasn't followed up from scan in Jan 2016. And my blood level of CA 125 came back high. I'm awaiting further tests. It's the waiting that's the hardest part. Be strong and positive... I've always said cross that bridge when I come to it but it's really hard. 

Here for you 

Sophalex83
Posted by

Hi, thank you for replying to me. I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. It is the waiting that is the worst part, I am off work today and have no energy to do anything. I have two children 9 and 7, and I worry about them If I am ill. I can't think of anything else. I know I shouldn't worry until I know more, but my symptoms are still bothering me. :(

daloni
Posted by

Hello to you both and welcome,

I am so sorry you are in this difficult waiting period. With luck, you will come out the other side with a benign diagnosis and some treatment and be right as rain. But of course there is always the possibility that your fears will be realised. It's so hard to get your head round and of course it is the unknown that upsets us most. All I can say is that it's completely normal to feel worried and not to be able to think about anything else. The things that have helped me during times of waiting for results have been keeping busy and giving myself a worry time each day. If it is not 6pm-6.10pm then I am not allowed to worry....

Fingers crossed for speedy tests and a good outcome

xxx

Sophalex83
Posted by

Thank you for your words. It probably is nothing to worry about, but the bloating is a real issue. I feel so tired I can barely concentrate at work today. My children are keeping me occupied too! Xxx

Daria26
Posted by

Hello,

I am now in similar situation as you, when I eat I fell bloated on the level of my belly button on the sides of the stomach, I have pain on the right hand side and occasional pelvic pain. I went to walk-in clinic and got antibiotics for bladder infection... but I have felt like this for over 2 moths now and had urine samples checked. never came up with urine infection. My friend (nurse) checked my urine with his test samples 6 hours before I went to walk-in clinic. Didn't show any infection, but yet she found it in the walk in clinic (?).

I am going to see my doctor today, but I am so worried.... Not long ago I also had my smear test which came back with abnormal cells. My aunt at the age of 52 was diagnosed with cancer, not sure if it was cervix cancer which spread onto the womb and ovaries, but she had all her womb removed and it was in advance stage (she is fine for now), but I am so nervous... Could someone shine some light on what symptoms did you have, and how have you been diagnosed, is it by ultrasounds? As i was reading it is very hard to diagnose. 

Thank you

Daria

Chezza2uk
Posted by

Hi. 

I ama little further forward in that I have 3 cysts  on my ovary and my CA125 blood count is 242. Should be 35 or less. On Wednesday it will be a month that the gynaecologist consultant will be "urgently" referring me to multi disciplinary team at a larger hospital. Collapsed in pain Friday and was given stronger pain killer which help but I can't stay awake. No idea what the will do next or when they will do it. 

Sophalex83
Posted by

Hi, sorry to hear you aren't so good, sending my love. My bloods came back normal, I am due to go for a scan next week, I am still really bloated. The doctor thinks it's IBS, for which he has given me tablets, which are doing nothing, I am still needing to wee, and the bloating hasn't subsided at all. I'm not sure what to think at the moment, I myself don't think it's IBS, but the scan should shed some light on things. Hope you have family with you xx

Sophalex83
Posted by

Hi, I has a urine infection which I had antibiotics for. I am suffering pain in my right hand side in my pelvic area, still needing to wee and my stomach has been constantly bloated for nearly 3 weeks, I had bloods done which came back normal,the doctor thinks it's IBS which he has gave me tablets for, which have done nothing, my bloating hasn't gone down. I am due to go for a scan next week, hopefully it will shed some light on what's going on. It's an anxious time as I myself don't think it's IBS. Sending you my love xx