More tests needed and getting more concerned.

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers
  1. So I had my MRI with contrast last week after a 5cm solid mass was found on my right ovary and and a 2cm one on the left, my CA125 was also high.
    The consultant phoned me this morning and I now need to have a CT scan and Chest Xray along with another CA125 and a CEA and CA19-9 blood test. She said I'm in the best possible hands and when they have all the tests they will then know the best treatment plan.
    No-one has said anything official yet but I can't stop thinking that they think the mass is definitely malignant and they are now checking to see if it's spread.
    Bloods are booked for tomorrow and CT scan should be within the next week or so.
  • Hi . Welcome to the Online Community. I agree It's the scariest time when we are having test after test and having to wait for results all the time suspecting the worst.

I have a different type of cancer but I do know that a possible cancer diagnosis of any kind makes us ask lots of questions, causes confusion, stress and probably emotions we’ve never experienced before.  I can see you’ve joined our Ovarian cancer group, this will be a good place to connect with others in the same situation.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett