Mucinous Adenocarcinoma

• 15 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi

Does anyone have my kind of rare cancer? Mine was in the bowel and has been removed via surgery, however chemo is being suggested although the prognosis is that it’s a poor receptive to chemo.

Thank you.

• Hi

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post in the bowel cancer group, which I can see that you've joined, as I think you're more likely to connect with others who have this type of cancer in that group. If you'd like to do that then clicking on the link will take you straight there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my brother has just experienced the same .... would love to chat to u xxx

• Hi Unbelievable Jeff,

I had a very large Adeno Mucinous carcinoma removed in 2019 which subsequently came back as 2 tumours in the same spot in 2020. I had 5 weeks of chemoradiotherapy this January but the two new tumours grew so I'm now 6 weeks on recovering from more surgery. Luckily this time the histology report said that the tumours hadn't as yet turned cancerous. 

I see its 6 months on from your post  I sincerely hope you are doing well. 

• I am so sorry not to have logged on sooner. I’m happy to hear from you and hear how your brother is. Xx

• Hi Blackswan, I have only just logged on again, thank you for your message, I am truly sorry to read you had a further 2 tumours, thank goodness they weren’t cancerous.  I am ok thanks, my body wouldn’t tolerate chemo, I live forever hopeful nothing returns!  I’ve had a 6 month all clear scan, I have blood tests 9th August.  Keep in touch and I hope you recover from your recent surgery.  I sincerely hope your ok.

• thank you I have just caught up with two replies here.  

• Thankyou Jeff 

Saw my consultant today as didn't feel confident with how I was healing, but he was happy with how it all looks but said it may be 3 months before I'm feeling back to normal. So I must listen to my body and learn to walk before I can run  so to speak! 

Glad your scan results were good. Fingers crossed for the bloods.

Take care 

• I’ve read your profile, my goodness you’ve been through such a time.  It’s awful when the healing is slow, I was like that and in considerable pain for quite some time.  Listening to our bodies is easier said than done, but must help! 

Was your cancer mucious, I couldn’t tell? 

Thanks, I hope my bloods are good too!

Take care too.

• Hi

Yes it was, typical to get a type that isn't common so to speak and that doesn't always respond to treatment!! 

I'm looking forward to getting back to normal and getting on with my life again. 

• Hi

I know that feeling!  What a challenge that is!  I couldn't have chemo in the end, tried twice, I've been left with a 50/50 chance of it coming back, talk about fence-sitting!

Normal is good, it takes a while, but you will get there too.  I'm definitely getting there but I appreciate the support groups like Mindfulness etc.

BTW I'm not a Jeff, I just felt like that was Unbelievable Jeff when mine wasn't common and nothing seemed to go right!