We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Myeloma

Myeloma is a cancer of plasma cells in the bone marrow. If you're suffering from myeloma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Radiation after care

Kagg1102
Posted by

Evening everyone

My husband was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in february he started radiation almost immediately which went well and finished almost 3 weeks ago

He is now on the first 4 weekly treatment of VDT which thankfully is going well with little side effects 

My question is he now has a very itchy red square from the radiation despite being on medication to suppress any itching 

Has anyone experienced this square being itchy and could advise as to anything I can do to help ease it a bit or is this something we need to get checked

Many thanks 

greg777
Posted by

Hi Kagg1102,

Welcome to the forum although I am sorry to read about your husband. I don’t have any experience of radiotherapy but thought I would reply to bump this thread to the top so that it has more chance of being seen by someone who might have some experience.

I hope things are better for your husband now and I hope the VDT treatment continues to go well with minimal side effects.

Greg

ovepot
Posted by

Happened to me also, completely stopped after about 3 days

Kagg1102
Posted by

Thank you Greg

We landed up having to go through the emergency number and he was admitted as it was a reaction  he took to the radiation  

Few weeks of cream etc he should be sorted but thank you for your reply 

Kind regards 

Kagg1102
Posted by

Thank you for your reply 

He had to be admitted in the end as I was getting worse but well on the mend now thanks