New drugs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Anyone on Daratumumab, velcade and dexamethasone combination of chemo? 

Just wanted to know how your getting on? 

My mother is on this and has only few weeks left then SCT. the consultant still has to inform us of the procedure, time lines etc of the sct but we have appointment soon! Can anyone give me a rough guideline as to the timeframe- I know everyone is different and with infections can set it back etc but roughly will she be out of hospital for Christmas? 

• Hello  

I must admit I've not heard of that combination, but I understand the Dartumumab is still quite new. Sorry that I don't have any info for you.

I do think though that every case is so different that if anybody were to suggest a rough guideline, it would almost certainly turn out to be different for your mum. I'd suggest to call her consultant and just ask what he/she expects to happen and whether Christmas at home looks viable. The doc won't necessarily be able to say for sure, but I'm sure they'll have a better idea than anybody else can. 

Best wishes

Barbara

“Scars are tattoos with better stories.” – Anonymous

• Hi Flutter,

I would agree with Barbara, best bet is to check with your Mum's consultant. All I would add is that the average length of hospital stay with an auto is 3 weeks if that helps.

I had Velacade and Dex. Former was completely fine for me, and with the latter it was just disturbed sleep and mood swings to deal with - all in all, it was ok for me, hope it is the same for your Mum.

All the best,

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I am just about to change to the same regime as your Mum, so far have just had  VDT .How was the Dara for your Mum, I am also going to have set after few more rounds of chemotherapy.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I am just about to change to the same regime as your Mum, so far have just had  VDT .How was the Dara for your Mum, I am also going to have set after few more rounds of chemotherapy.x