Solutions for bone pain

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hello, I'm caring for my Dad. He's experiencing pain whilst sitting due to low bone density in his pelvis but he doesn't want to stay in bed all the time. He has a riser recliner chair but can't manage more than an hour in it now before it gets uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions for things that might ease the pressure on his behind? I bought a memory foam coccyx cushion but it doesn't really help. I was thinking maybe a faux sheepskin? I've also seen cushions that look like a figure of eight with holes where the pointy part of the pelvis could sit... There are so many gadgets and gizmos out there I thought I would canvass opinion here. Thanks in advance!

• Hi , I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I don’t have Myeloma but have lived with a rare Lymphoma for over 23 years now.

I have not had to deal with these specific challenges but you may want to put a post up to our Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

When it comes to the practical and emotional challenges of supporting someone on their cancer journey you may benefit from joining our supportive Carers only group where you will connect with others supporting family and friends.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge