Mesothelioma

A place for people affected by mesothelioma to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Confirm Trial

MarHen48
Posted by

My husband has Mesothleima diagnosed 2 years ago. They have stopped all treatment 

for him at our hospital  but was offered a trial called Confirm. At Southampton.

yesterday two days ago he had a scan as he,d had 3 of the infusions. 

Is anybody else on this trial.      

hurtandconfused981
Posted by

I don't know of anyone on here that is on the trial but I'm sure someone might pop up soon enough.

How is your husband? Did the scans show any shrinking of the cancer?

MarHen48
Posted by

He,s fine as long as he takes it easy,  it did,nt show any shrinkage but then as the doctor 

said that was only from her point of view just looking at the scan,  the measurements hadn,t been taken,

we,ll probably learn more next week.      

hurtandconfused981
Posted by

Well, as long as it's not growing!!!

Do let me know what the outcome is. I'd be very interested to hear as immunotherapy trials sound promising for meso.

MarHen48
Posted by

Will do.  We are going every  2 weeks down to Southampton.      

SallyA123
Posted by

Hello, I was interested to find out how the CONFIRM trial is going for your husband? I hope well.. it has been suggested as a trial for my mother to go on.. any information would be gratefully received. Many thanks. 

MarHen48
Posted by

Hi 

Unfortunately after 4 infusions Henry has been taken off it as the cancer has 

spread. But please don,t let that put you off. There is a Facebook site for Mestholiamia

sorry know I,ve spelt that wrong.  And on there people are getting good results 

I don,t suppose we,ll ever know whether he was on the placebo or not, don,t know whether they will say when they unblind it. 

Worth having ago because of the results of others. Think we have just been unlucky. 

Not sure what happens now it’s been 2 weeks and haven,t heard anything else . 

Good Luck whatever you decide to do.  Worth having a go   

We,ve just been unlucky  

xxxxx

SallyA123
Posted by

Hi MarHen48

Thank you for your reply. I'm really sorry to hear about Henry. I do hope you hear something soon from the team looking after him. 

My thoughts are with you, hope both of you can stay strong

xx

MarHen48
Posted by

Thank you Sally it’s been two weeks now and have heard nothing. In my mind 

Henry is getting worse He,s starting to cough quite a lot.  

Am trying to stay strong but it’s not easy. 

Hope things work out for you. Xxx