Mesothelioma

A place for people affected by mesothelioma to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

A hard fight!

Happysqwiff
Posted by

So I'm sorry to report my beloved husband lost his battle against mesothelioma in January.

He was 55 when diagnosed in April and 55 when he died in January.

It was not plain sailing towards the end. We lost his older brother at the end of November following a very quick illness of aggressive lung cancer. Added to aggressive chemo this was more than my husband could bare.

Although devastated I am so grateful for the time we had post diagnosis. Our love was so pure and every minute spent together meant the world.

Our experience of meso is not everyone else's. I have realised that no two cases that are similar. My only advice for any of us is talk, plan and more importantly love like you never have before! 

Sending good wishes and strength out to anyone fighting this awful disease 

Xxxxxx

canary44
Posted by

I’m so sorry for your loses, my husband passed away in August last year, the grieving process is causing me to struggle.

canary 44

Happysqwiff
Posted by

Hi 

I am sorry for your loss too. I can understand I too am finding the loss almost unbearable. I have 2 younger children so find I get up for them but find very little joy to anything. 

Grief is a process and I guess we have to go through it. I don't have any answers. 

Xxx

canary44
Posted by

Thank you it must be so hard for you, I hope time will help you. xx

canary 44

PappaChappa
Posted by

Heartfelt condolences and best wishes to you, your family and friends. May the passage of time dim the bad memories and make the good ones shine like a beacon of happiness in the months and years to come.

Pappa.