Mesothelioma

A place for people affected by mesothelioma to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

mother diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma

MachuPichu
Posted by

hello everybody,

my 50 years old mother has been diagnosed with epitheloid pleural mesothelioma in July last year. She had pulmonary issues back in the days and was misdiagnosed for mesothelioma. PET Scan fortunately showed that tumor is localized (T3N0M0) and she was potential patient for surgery (extended pleurectomy and decortication). She had surgery in September and doctors managed to achieve macroscopic complete resection of tumor.  2 month after the surgery she started chemotherapy with Alimta+cisplatin (4cycles). She hadn't have any major issues or side effects.

Now she is waiting for CT scan in March. She is doing good generally (she can breathe deeply), except pain from surgery and swollen belly, probably caused from chemo.

Our family is now holding fingers crossed that disease will never come back.M y mother, she is the toughest person I know and the will get over this like she got over everything else before.

However, I'm wondering if anybody knows any Trials for this disease in central or southern Europe?

Thanks for the answers

GerryC
Posted by

Hi MachuPichu,

I have had similar treatment to your mother for Meso, that was in 2015 and up to this moment I have had recurrence of tumors.  I hope your mother will be in a similar situation which will give you time to look around for other treatments.  I am sorry I have no knowledge of trials in central or Southern Europe but could Imsuggest getting in touch with Mesothelioma UK.  They know all the trials going on in the UK and probably can give you some leads to the information you need.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your mother.

GerryC
GerryC
Posted by

Hi MP again.

Oops! typo in my last message, I have had no recurrence so far.

GerryC
PappaChappa
Posted by

Hi MachuPichu,

I hope Mum is doing well, like the previous reply, I don't know of specific trails outside of the UK. However, if you take a look at the following links, you might find that one or more are available outside of the UK. I hope all goes well after the CT scan.

Cancer Research UK

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/find-a-clinical-trial/clinical-trials-search?populate=Mesothelioma&f%5B0%5D=field_trial_status%3A4386

Asbestos.com

https://www.asbestos.com/treatment/clinical-trials/

EU Clinical Trials Register

www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/.../search

MachuPichu
Posted by

Dear all,

thank you for your  info delivered and wishes! 

BR,