Mesothelioma

A place for people affected by mesothelioma to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Medication

Jillipops
Posted by

Hi. My mum in law has just been put on Gabapentin. Has anyone else been prescribed this? Xx

BirdK
Posted by

Hi Jillypops, I think my dad was prescribed this and from memory I think it may have been when dad suffered terribly from an itchy back, it kept him awake at night and drove him mad.  We tried all sorts, then it went away on its own. 

Katie xx 

vic2373
Posted by

My Dad is currently on this alongside other pain relief 

Jillipops
Posted by

Hi. I’m concerned as it’s making her really unsteady & forgetful. Very tired & sleeping lots

vic2373
Posted by

I’ve not found it to have that affect on my Dad, He is taking it alongside oxycodone. He does have days where his memory isn’t what it once was, but I don’t believe it’s as a result of the medication. Hope someone else can be of more help 

PappaChappa
Posted by

Hi Jillipops,

I've not had any dealings with this drug, but I presume its for nerve pain? I use Pregablin as my one of my baseline pain management drugs, which also has a similar affect when you first start taking it. Is Mum still the same or are the effects lessoning? Its always worth discussing alternatives with Mum's GP/Oncologist if this drug isn't doing what you'd hoped.