Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Oral Thrush on Pembrolizumab

England88
Posted by

My partner Gavin has today developed oral thrush on pembrolizumab after also having a very dry mouth and losing taste buds. 

Can anyone help with this please.

Thank you

Louise

KTatHome
Posted by

Hi Louise, when Gavin started his Pembrolizumab he would have been given a telephone number for his medical team, mine is for my nurses, I have a day time number and a 24 hour number for emergencies. I think his team should be contacted for advise, as you’ve said he’s in some discomfort. 

My team are really helpful with advise and can contact my gp if a prescription is required, or advise exactly what to get from a chemist if that’s easier. I get free prescriptions as a cancer patient, the doctors surgery gave me the paper work for a medical exemption card. Sometimes they have asked me to go in to see them in the assessment unit, sometimes a telephone call has been all that’s needed. 

I hope they will put both of your minds at rest, and get his problem sorted.

KT 

What is a Community Champion?

You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.