Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Immunotherapy

DAAD
Posted by

I haven't posted for quite a while but have been looking at posts . Just thought update  on hubby. He had originally treated for malignant melanoma but developed liver  metastasis this year had 3 rounds of immunotherapy

After few up and downs  with infections at beginning of this year had been doing really well  becoming  a Grandad has helped him to have a focus . Although he's always been positive about things 

Had 3mth scans & results last month have shown that liver tumour has gone from 10 cm original  size to no visible tumour , just what they think is scaring . We are absolutely over the moon as you can imagine . Not quite believing this is happening.

Still anxious before scans but hopefully after a few more will start to  believe this is under control . 

I hope everyone is doing the best they can , taking each day as it comes . 

Sending all best wishes & hug to those who need one x 

latchbrook
Posted by

That's great news

I don't suppose you'll ever stop feeling nervous before scans but hopefully they'll keep giving you positive news!

Sending (((hugs))) back

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

KTatHome
Posted by

Really pleased for you and your husband. 

KT 

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.

MoiraA
Posted by

Hi DAAD

Great news.

So far I am NED for three and a half years after Ipi shrank my tumours. I do know that some of the first Ipi patients are 14 years NED.

All the best

Moira

DAAD
Posted by

Hi all
thank you for replies . It certainly helps knowing others are on this road & doing well . 

It's just amazing how your body can be doing this without having continued treatment .Still find hard to understand how it works . But extremely grateful that this treatment is available .

We are off on holiday soon  ( loaded with , hats , sunscreen & plenty books )to sit in shade to watch  the world go by x 

Wishing everyone all the best x