Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Melanoma drugs,. Can they cause memory loss

PAC
Posted by

Thank you so much  Teetee,  very kind x

PAC
Posted by

Hello Teetee , .I said goodbye to my darling man, .he never really regained consciousness again , he had leptomeningeal metastise

And that was the reason for the memory loss ,. I am utterly devastated, .He was doing so well the consultant said, they hadn't given him a brain scan since this all started and if they had they might have found it.    I am bereft and so angry that they were giving him a good 

Diagnosis and a week later he is on life support and then he has left me, how can this be!!!!!!

KTatHome
Posted by

Dear , I hope you and , don’t mind me expressing how sorry I am to read of your loss, it was such a short time ago that you seemed to have joined the group here. I can’t answer the how can this be question, and I think perhaps you did not expect an answer to that question, but I was wondering if you might now also find the group for bereaved partners and spouses of some support to you. I have put the link in for you to find it quicker. This must be such a whirl for you.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/bereaved_spouse/discussions

Macmillan also have an ask an expert section that might help support you.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/ask_the_expert/ask_bereavement_support/discussions

I hope you don’t mind me putting these links in for you but I thought you might not yet be used to finding your way around the community and they might help.

again I am so sorry.

KT 

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.

PAC
Posted by

Thank you so much KT , how kind of you, I will contact them when I can think again

latchbrook
Posted by

I'm so sorry to come here this morning and read that your husband has passed away . Can I offer my sincere condolences for your loss.

xx

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Teetee
Posted by

Hello @PAC

I am so very, very sorry to hear of your husband's passing.

There is nothing I can say that will make you feel better, but please know we are all here online to support you.

Biggest hugs to you xxxx

Teetee xx
PAC
Posted by

Thank you so much Latchbrook,   i am utterly devastated, .he was doing so well and the tumors were dimminshing,.  This leptomeningeal

Is very rare apparently  but I don't understand why they didn't find it ,. The ICU were amazing such loving and dedicaced care from them all, .a different story when they moved him to another ward because they needed the bed, .the palliative care nurse came to see me

And assured us he would be looked after and so would we, .we never saw them again !!!  He went  from loving calm professional care

And 24hrs later he died an awful death with us begging them to give him something, . I am devastated and very angry,.  

Sorry my grief  is overcoming my sanity

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I can totally understand how devastated and angry you must be when you feel that you and your husband were let down by the care he received. Feeling angry is a totally normal part of the grieving process and I'm hoping that you have some close friends or relatives you can sit down with and talk it through with.

If you don't feel comfortable telling people close to you how you feel then please consider calling the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and available every day between 8am and 8pm.

Thinking of you

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

PAC
Posted by

Thank you so much dear Latchbrook,  I will  use that  number , . I hope and pray that all goes well with you and everyone  else

Who uses this forum, .  You are very helpful  and compassionate to all of us who need  a little  help and advice  at   a  traumatic time

In our lives whilst dealing with your own  personal  struggles,      may  God Bless and keep you  strong  every day,

PAC xx