Melanoma

A support group for anyone affected by melanoma to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Help/Advice

HF96
Posted by

Hi 

I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma in 2016, I had a WLE and SNLB and was given the all clear. 

I have had regular check ups and have had a large number of other moles removed and checked and they have all been benign. 

My question today is regarding pain I am suffering in my right arm which gets worse at night and is causing me sleeping issues. Am I been paranoid or could this be linked to cancer? 

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community

You are at the same stage as me as I also was diagnosed with melanoma in 2016 and have had a WLE and SLNB.

I don't think we'll ever be free from the worry that a new symptom means that the melanoma has returned. I think it'll take a long time before we trust our bodies again. before we were diagnosed with melanoma we probably wouldn't have thought twice about a painful arm, unless it continued for a long time, but now we automatically assume the worst.

Where was your melanoma removed from? Was it from the same arm that is hurting and in what way is it hurting, ie do you have a lump there? I presume that it has started hurting since your last check-up. Do you have long to wait before you see your consultant again? If so, then you could give your SCNS a call and explain the symptoms to her/him and if they think you need to be seen they'll arrange for an appointment sooner.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile, as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

HF96
Posted by

My melanoma was on my back and the SNLB was under my right arm, it is my right arm that is painful, it’s an ache all the time but gets worse on a night causing me sleeping difficulties. It has been going on now for 4 months and  I have seen numerous professionals about it but still nothing is helping. 

I have an appointment tomorrow with my consultant but don’t want to waste her time if I am just over reaching or been paranoid. 

Would you mention it? 

Thanks

MoiraA
Posted by

Hi

I would definitely mention it. My melanoma team always want to know about any symptoms. They will probably just take the opportunity to reassure you.

All the best

Moira

latchbrook
Posted by

Yes, I would definitely mention it . It could be nothing but you say that you've seen numerous professionals and they haven't been able to help. The arm is also next to where you had your SLNB done so definitely worth mentioning.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow. 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

HF96
Posted by

Thanks I will definitely mention it tomorrow and fingers crossed it will be nothing to worry about. 

Thank you for replying x

latchbrook
Posted by

How did your appointment with the consultant go yesterday ?

x